I normally don't do pieces of furniture that are plastic but this one was almost free so I decided it might be fun to see what I could do with it. The dresser is made by Bassett Furniture and has solid wood drawers with dove-tail details but has these weird plastic drawer fronts with cool scroll details.
I made a little more work for myself than necessary by not using an oil based primer on the plastic part. I will never do that again! After stripping that all off I restarted with an awesome spray primer --the best ever--Rustoleums Painters Touch Ultra Cover Primer. It is specifically formulated for all types of materials including plastics. Then I painted the dresser with a gray oops paint and glazed with Rustoleum Kona Stain that I diluted with mineral spirits so it wouldn't go on as strong and use as much product. Then used Minwax paste wax and lots of elbow grease to buff it to a soft sheen.
I'm actually pretty impressed with how it turned out.
So here's the BEFORE...