Monday, March 25, 2013

Reclaimed Wood Look


I am in love with with the reclaimed wood look right now and all things french.  I just love how this table turned out.  It has the look of raw slightly whitewashed wood but is still protected with clear coat.  The chairs are blue gray with lots of distressing and glazing and I just love the shape of them.  I covered the seat cushions with a cream colored canvas like fabric and they look amazing!

To get this look, I stripped the entire table and then used clear glaze mixed with white paint which I brushed on and then wiped off.  After that was dry I used a black glaze wiped on with a rag everywhere to darken up the wood and bring out some of the details.  Then I finished with a spray coat of satin polyurethane.


















No comments:

Post a Comment