Friday, January 18, 2013

Kids Rooms--A Work in Progress

I've been slowly working on my kids rooms in between all my other millions of projects!  They are still a work in progress, but here's what I've got so far.  

The Boys Room

I just finished the curtains this week.  I'm not a huge fan of sewing mostly because I'm not a perfectionist but I'm super happy with how they turned out.  They are navy blue twill and natural canvas stripes.  I saw some similar curtains for $300 which was not an option so...I drug out the sewing machine.  I should have taken a closer pic, but the rod is my favorite.  I used galvanized plumbing pipe and pieced it together.  Way cheaper than a curtain rod.  I think I paid $17 for the whole assembly.








My Daughter's Room.  I still have a lot of projects planned.  But I'm happy with the results so far.  I am so in love with teal and purple.  The four poster bed is from Goodwill --- Best find ever at $9!  It was missing it's top finials so I used curtain end caps for the tops and painted them the same color as the bed.  The curtain fabric is Joel Dewberry Fabrics and it is my favorite!  Paired with some teal PotteryBarn sheers from Goodwill.  The chandelier is also a goodwill find.  It used to be a sweet brassy gold color.  I want to find some cute shades for it and dress it up with some crystals.









4 comments:

  1. I love it ALL! You have such a great eye! Good thing we don't show up at Goodwill at the same time! We'd be friendly fighting over the treasures their!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! And can't believe you found that for $9! I'm a sucker for a Goodwill bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lucky kids you have. Their rooms look awesome. I am really loving the turquoise chair. $9 has to be some kind of record for a four poster bed. What an awesome find!

    ReplyDelete